New Bug Encountered: Unable to set the position to ref from menu

I am unable to change the position from Menu to Ref. I again changes back to menu from ref as soon as the app is saved. Also the save operation doesnt complete and the save button still remains enabled.

Solved Solved
0 18 214
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem found.

Issue is with the new chart editor. The view was designed using the new chart editor. I re-designed it using the old editor and changed the position to โ€œrefโ€ and voila, i would save it properly now.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

This is probably why the view position doesnโ€™t change.

If you havenโ€™t done so yet, try refreshing the complete browser page (Not an app sync but browser page refresh) and try your update and save again. If you still see the issue then logout and log back in. If still persists, logout, clear browser file cache and then login and try once more. After that itโ€™s time to contact support.

Ok. Will try.

I did try all the options suggested by you and the issue still exists.

@Rahul_Sanghavi Can you try creating a copy of the view and change it to REF. If that works then you can delete the other view. Can be a bug.

Thanks. Tried that also. No change. Issue still exists.

@Rahul_Sanghavi I faced a similar issue when i had the appsheet open in two browser tabs. While trying to save in one tab, it was not allowing since that tab didnโ€™t had the latest version of app. Is it possible that you are doing the same. Just a possibility only.

True. But AppSheet is opened in one tab/browser only.

Thatโ€™s weird. And there are no errors showing up while trying to save, right?

Yes. This is weird. No errors also.

Are you able to save with the MENU view type

It remains on MENU view type only. Cannot change to anything else.

What i meant is does the SAVE Button disappear when u try to save with MENU view type

As soon as i click the view, the save button enables itself.

Short video i have attached.
3X_d_a_daf6a2e20f50b2ca4ba1ce63f9587338170a3c4d.gif

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In my experience, this just happens from time to time. When it happens to me, I reload the app editor browser tab using Shift+Ctrl+R. Youโ€™ll lose any unsaved changes, though.

Tried. Nothing happens.

Problem found.

Issue is with the new chart editor. The view was designed using the new chart editor. I re-designed it using the old editor and changed the position to โ€œrefโ€ and voila, i would save it properly now.

Finally found it yourself. Great

Yes.

Top Labels in this Space