New Bug Encountered: Virtual Column calcuation

This old chestnut again. I have a virtual column that shows a different figure depending on wether you are in the Detail or Form view

Using
SUM(Select([Related Timeoffs][Working Days],AND([Type]=โ€œIllnessโ€,YEAR(Today())=YEAR([From Date]))))
Detail = 3 and Form = 0

If I change it to
SUM(Select(TimeOff[Working Days],AND(
[Staff]=[_ThisRow].[StaffID],
[Type]=โ€œIllnessโ€,
YEAR(Today())=YEAR([From Date])
)))

Then they both = 3

So presumably the Form view canโ€™t use [Related Table][Row]?

0 2 318
2 REPLIES 2

Bahbus

I have heard around that there is a known bug about reverse references in various use cases. This seems to be a case of when it is not working. I donโ€™t know if there has been any clarification on where its broken, or if they have an idea on the timeline to fix. @praveen may have more answers. Or at least he may know who does.

Hi Simon, anytime there is such a discrepancy, it is a bug.

Virtual column values are calculated in our cloud service during sync. When a row is edited in a form, the virtual columns in that row are recalculated again in the app/device.

These are two different implementations of expression evaluation, and they need to return the exact same value. In a few cases (bugs!) they do not. We need to track down each such and fix it. We fully intend for you to be able to use any expression in a Form view without worrying about it.

Could you please send us a bug report via support@appsheet.com with the app in its broken state. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space