New Bug Encountered:Workflow CSV save file is saving in html format

I selected HTTP Content Type to CSV and created a simple template. The file generated had the csv extension but with html content. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Solved Solved
0 12 557
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ahโ€ฆ I see the misunderstanding now.

To create a CSV file, the template file has to be strictly a text file with no extension (CSV Test_BodyTemplate_20190930_185916) which was generated when I used Create template button. I was using the Google doc as a template file which leads to generating the CSV file with html content.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Following

@Phil Any thoughts?

Hi Steve,

Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
I tried a simple case and it seemed to work.
I assume I am not doing exactly what you are doing.

Sorry for the late reply.
File name generated was 2019.38.30ST20190926_195127_228.csv
Workflow Definition

Template File

Generated File

Hi Steven,

I guess I am going to need more information to diagnose the problem.

Can you provide:

1. Your account id.
  2. The app name.
  3. The workflow rule name.
  4. The exact steps you performed.

Hi Phi,
I can replicate it with the simpler app setup.

1. Acc ID: 540843
  2. App Name : TestApp-540843
  3. Workflow rule name: CSV Test (there is only one workflow)
  4. Go to Category. It has only one entry named Test. Click it and increment the Refresh column value. It will trigger the workflow rule: CSV Test.
    You can get generated file here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gu4YI2a2_gyLKFED4ZalIr4wn-_5FwPY/view?usp=sharing

Hi Steven,

I can see that you have a body template in HTML format.
Can you tell me the steps that got you into that state?

Once in that state, if I click โ€œCreateโ€ , the system creates a CSV text file template as it should.

Phil

Only thing I did was, triggering update on a row of the table. That, in turn, triggerred the workflow and generated the file.

I narrowed down the cause of the bug.
If the template contains only the current-table columns, the generated file is correct.

โ€œIDโ€,โ€œNameโ€,โ€œRefreshโ€
โ€œ<<[ID]>>โ€,"<<[Name]>>","<<[Refresh]>>"

However, if any loop to read rows from a related table, the workflow will no longer generate a valid csv file.

โ€œIDโ€,โ€œNameโ€,โ€œRefreshโ€
โ€œ<<[ID]>>โ€,"<<[Name]>>","<<[Refresh]>>"
<<Start:[Related Items]>>"<<[Category]>>","<<[ID]>>","<<[Count]>>"<<End>>

Hi Steven,

I am sorry, my question was not clear.

I understand why you are getting HTML output from the template. That is occurring because the generated template is HTML.

I am trying to determine the exact steps you followed to create the template. It appears that we are creating the wrong type of template in some circumstance. I am not sure how that happened. That is what I am trying to clarify with you.

If you were to click the Create" button now, the system would create a new text file template that would generate a CSV file.

Thanks again for your help.

Ahโ€ฆ I see the misunderstanding now.

To create a CSV file, the template file has to be strictly a text file with no extension (CSV Test_BodyTemplate_20190930_185916) which was generated when I used Create template button. I was using the Google doc as a template file which leads to generating the CSV file with html content.

Exactly Steven.

Top Labels in this Space