New Bug Encountered,,

I am experiencing appsheet wiping my inputted data that sits in Data>columns>edit (pencil icon) when regenerating a column.

Is anyone else experiencing that? Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong for the data to be getting wiped and reset?

John P

0 3 70
3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @John_Pearson

Can you share a screenshot before/After ? What do you mean with โ€œwiping iputted dataโ€ ?

You donโ€™t regenerate โ€œaโ€ column, you regenerate all of the columns for the whole Table. What youโ€™re probably doing is making too many changes to the column structure between each regeneration, so that Appsheet is not able to determine that column X from the old structure is the same as column Y from the new structure, and thus it doesnโ€™t keep the columnโ€™s configuration.

I canโ€™t detail every situation where such error would occur, but here is one situation where it definitely will.:

• If you change a columnโ€™s name, and move itโ€™s position in the backend, then regenerate, youโ€™ve taken away both ways for Appsheet to match the new column to the old (name and position).

Hereโ€™s one tip:

• If you need to rename a column, donโ€™t do it with regeneration. Rename the column in the app, and the backend at the same time, then simply save the editor, donโ€™t regenerate. Also, always keep the names matching between app and backend.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

Top Labels in this Space