New bugs some mobile devices appear an empty detail view after touching to view from the table view

In recent days, I have received numerous complaints from AppSheet users stating that they are unable to view detailed views on certain mobile devices when selecting from the table view. I have tried checking in the mobile preview window in the app editor but did not detect any errors. Furthermore, this issue only seems to occur with certain devices and not all. Therefore, I am unsure whether recent updates, particularly since the update of the new input function, have affected the stable operation of AppSheet. Could you please provide more information and guidance on how to resolve this?

User canview contents on table viewUser canview contents on table view

After touching to view detail, they only see a blank viewAfter touching to view detail, they only see a blank view

I have also checked this app, and I haven't set any actions or event actions on the view. I have also configured show-if permissions on the detailed view. This issue only occurs on certain devices, not all of them. Even after removing and reinstalling the app, the problem persists and is not resolved.

Solved Solved
0 5 669
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Recently, my Apps didn't have any rich text from HTML or markdown but some Android devices can not view details from the table view. I tried anyway to find the root cause but I am not sure what happened. Finally, I have changed the view from table to deck, and all mobile views can see the detail view!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

And you don't have hidden columns with a formula that would make them hidden for some users? If the same user opens the app with an another device, does it work properly then?

Recently, my Apps didn't have any rich text from HTML or markdown but some Android devices can not view details from the table view. I tried anyway to find the root cause but I am not sure what happened. Finally, I have changed the view from table to deck, and all mobile views can see the detail view!

I am also seeing a similar problem. The desktop version works fine, but on Android devices some forms (not all) started opening empty

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Rich-text-currently-rendering-apps-useless-on-A...

It's probably the same problem. Are you using formatting? 

I'll try to test this on my application today

In my case, the problem was precisely in the formatting. Once I changed the Long Text field formatting to PlainText the application started working fine again.

Android 10 devices

Top Labels in this Space