New form doesn't show pictures in another table.

Question

I currently have a spreadsheet to enter serial #'s.

In order to get new companies listed on that spreadsheet they have to be first put on another spreadsheet, so what I have been doing is using a form to update that spreadsheet then a form to add serial numbers. My thought was to combine these two things into one form for ease of use. What I did was create a new sheet that has all the data on it, it then uses a bot to add the required fields to the two other spreadsheets so everything stays up to date.  Everything is working except the photo I add. When I add it from my new form, it writes the file path just like the other form, but the photo just pulls up a 404 error when you try to view it.

I also just noticed that the original photos are stored in the base google drive folder and the new ones are in the appsheet/data/ folder. 

Screenshot 2023-10-08 7.52.35 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-08 7.52.13 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 7 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As it follows the spreadsheet folder, it sounds you have the Google Sheet the app is using in the Drive's root folder. Move it to a correct subfolder and test with new images.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Also every other attachment is in the appsheet/data folder except those serial list photos.

The image path needs to start from the folder in your Google Drive where the spreadsheet is. If your all spreadsheets are not in the same folder, the app won't find that image. It tries to find it from the wrong place.

I wonder how the app got started saving serial list images in the wrong folder? That folder is my base google drive, any other folders relating to the app are in the appsheet/data/(appname) folder.

As it follows the spreadsheet folder, it sounds you have the Google Sheet the app is using in the Drive's root folder. Move it to a correct subfolder and test with new images.

Gotcha,

I've got serious issue then, I originally built the base of the app of a shared spreadsheet that I then expanded with a new spreadsheet of my own, so I am going to have to do some serious weekend work to get this thing all moved over it looks like.  

Got it all moved over, copied the files over to the new folder and it is all working, even my new form, Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space