New streamlined app has slower sync speeds than original formula heavy app

I've been having some issues with sync speeds on my app, so I thought I would take the advice of this sub. My original app had some 15 tables, with many more pages in the source Google Sheets workbook that were making calculations based on the data in the app tables.

I have copied the app and the source spreadsheet and slimmed the app down to 5 tables and no additional pages in the sheets workbook, and also removed all and any formulas in this workbook. For good measure I also added security filters to all the tables in the streamlined app to reduce the amount of data being sent to the app.

Now I have run a side by side test for these two apps, doing exactly the same thing for 1 hour... The outcome... The original app with all its extra tables, formulas and no security filters has performed marginally better when looking at the performance analyzer.

I would love to know if anyone has any useful feedback on this as it would be a great help to me on my quest to speed the sync time of my app!

0 2 101
2 REPLIES 2

So you removed 10 tables, but what percentage of total records did you remove? That's the more important part. And how many expensive virtual columns did you eliminate?

It is indeed quite curious to see performance go down, did you not make any other changes?

Hi Marc,

It didn't remove a huge percentage of total records sadly as those are core to the app. But it did remove a large number of Tables from the app that had cross table formulas in the spreadsheet. Had been hoping to see a nice improvement but sadly not

Top Labels in this Space