New view automatically gets linked to add and edit

Hi,

I have a problem regarding a new view automatically getting linked to add and edit instead of the system created ones. Do I really need to create new seperate actions and disable the system add and edit buttons to surpass this or is there a better way?

Thank you in advance.

Solved Solved
0 4 164
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The best sollution for now is to create a new slice, creating a new form and connecting to the new slice. This way the add and edit buttons do not choose the new view automatically because it the view is not available to the full data set, only the slice.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

All actions that exist for a table--whether custom-created or default system-created--are always available unless you explicitly configure them not to be--e.g., exclude from a slice, set an Only if condition.

Thank you for your reply. I understand. My problem is when I create a new view which is supposed to show just a few columns, the add and edit buttons change from the standard form to this new form and I cannot seem to change it back...

I see. You're asking how to govern which form view the following action types open when multiple form views exist for a table. I don't know.

The best sollution for now is to create a new slice, creating a new form and connecting to the new slice. This way the add and edit buttons do not choose the new view automatically because it the view is not available to the full data set, only the slice.

Thanks for the help.

Top Labels in this Space