No-code apps, to whom are addressed?!

Hi
Thanks for your great work of making almost any one can create a mobile app with data sheets.

But I want to ask a general questions about No-Code Apps
How can companies get benefits from creating or using such as these “small” apps, for example “inventory app”, it includes very basic fields, whereas they can get an advanced software which can do very complicated transactions and processes, offline & online!!

These apps or this technology, to whom are addressed?
Who is in need for it?

Thanks in advanced for your efforts
Best wishes to all AppSheet Staff

0 7 432
7 REPLIES 7

Bahbus

-Not everyone can afford to pay for someone to develop complex custom software.
-The app you refer to is a sample app meant to give an idea of how certain features work.
-Lots of companies use complex Excel/Google sheets for data, and this allows you to take that data and do stuff with it - again without paying someone.

Lots of people.

I would like to add a few things.

No-code does NOT mean basic or simple apps. You can actually create very complex applications. Compound that by the ability to “stitch” together as many apps as needed and you can create software systems that rival any enterprise systems. And in fact, many companies are indeed using No-Code platforms to build their software.

Practical

if you think about most applications, especially business oriented software, they have the same basic functions that are used over and over again. Enter data, view data, change data, compute results, print reports, etc.

No-code platforms have identified these common basic building blocks of an application and have created platforms that allow putting these things together quickly and easily. I would say they cover 90% of app dev needs across ALL industries. The other 10% are for those very unique special features (e.g. a number crunching fabric system that can compute hundreds of thousands of complex analytical data models overnight - that kind of special!).

Cost

Low cost is big benefit. And we are not talking cost of the No-Code platform. The major cost in any software development are the developers and support - people costs.

A No-Code platform helps lower costs in these ways:

• Do not need highly skilled developers who demand premium rates. (High skilled developers can create apps even faster, however!!!)
  • Quick and easy app creation cuts dev time drastically - I would estimate by 1/10th
  • Faster support - issues can be fixed more easily, quicker and instantly rolled out to users
  • Due to speed and low cost of dev, businesses can have custom apps built that serve EXACTLY their needs which helps further increase productivity and efficiency - lowering costs again.
  • High adaptability means software can easily grow with the business. This means no re-build cost at some future point.
  • High scalability again saves on future rebuild costs.

Support for all Devices

Let’s face it, mobile connectivity is a must in almost any business these days. Even if a business doesn’t really need it, they can certainly benefit from it anyway.

But businesses also need that desktop capability for those employees who are not mobile. Even then, when they are away from their desks, its a huge plus to have the capability to access the system in mobile form.

Virtually all No-code platforms support ALL devices with a single deployment of the application. This again lowers cost but increases efficiency and maintains consistency across all device platforms. Users do not need to re-learn the mobile version or the desktop version - its the same!!

Offline Capability

This can be achieved by any software vendor but No-Code systems typically have this built into the platform. When a user loses connection to the system, they can still continue to work. Changes are remembered and then saved to the server once connection is re-established.

Conclusion

I could go on and on. Know that I have been developing apps for over 25 years. No-code platforms, to me, are that big step forward in the development industry. I don’t think they will be going anywhere and in fact because of them, other development paradigms will likely begin to fade and die out.

I was not willing to go into that level of detail. Well done.

Terrific reply, John

Thank you very much @WillowMobileSystems for your time, valuable information and detailed explanation

Best wishes,

Thanks for the feedback @Bahbus and @WillowMobileSystems.

Welcome to the community @Rahief_Alnaoum. I’m curious, do you have any examples of advanced functionality/processes that would be helpful to build using AppSheet?

Like @WillowMobileSystems mentioned, I think you’ll be surprised how much can be accomplished in AppSheet - but it’s also great to hear where you think the platform is limited so we can address it. Thanks!

Hi @Peter
Actually, my question was to know where can I reach with AppSheet platform or apps, and now I know that it can fit with even companies work, and that is something makes the door open to come up with ideas and create major apps
Thanks for your reply @Peter, and I am encouraged to build an app for public use and to test my self

Best wishes @Peter

Top Labels in this Space