No data is written to the spreadsheet

Hello,

Formula data is not written to the spreadsheet only for certain columns in the app.

The following formula is set in Formula so that the updater and update date and time are entered.
Updater: USEREMAIL ()
Updated: NOW ()

I want to automatically enter the updater and update date when one record is updated. Do you know the possible cause?

Solved Solved
0 6 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you using slices on this table? If so, do the slices include the problem columns?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The App formula expression for a column in the spreadsheet is only updated when either the row is first created, or when another column in the spreadsheet for the same row is updated. The App formula expression for a column in the spreadsheet is not updated when a virtual column value changes.

Thank you for your reply.

When I checked the change history of the spreadsheet, another column of the same record was updated, but the Update date and Updater did not enter any values.
These columns are created as normal columns, not virtual columns, and the formula is set in Formula in the settings there.

Please post screenshots of the configuration screens for the columns that aren't updating.

Is the problem happening when the row is first created, when the row is edited/updated, or both?

How is the affected row being added/updated? By saving a form? Or using an action?

Check out the screenshot below.Emily_1-1659084784131.pngEmily_2-1659084809919.png

The user edits the pre-created line and the line is an update only. 

By saving the form, Formula works and is updated.
Those lines aren't always updated, and some users are filling them in automatically.

Are you using slices on this table? If so, do the slices include the problem columns?

I didn't realize it wasn't in slices.
Thank you for your advice!

Top Labels in this Space