No event?

There is no new and upcoming event is scheduled for the moment, which is sad.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Events/eb-p/appsheet-events?depth=0&byPassHideMessagesFromLi...

There should be tons of new subjects we app creators wish to know, for instance

• AppSheet database - overall reviews to learn how it will improve the efficiencies
  • New editor layour reviews
  • New desktop UX
  • Apps script returning values (more detailed and useful use cases)
  • Integration with Loocker Studio

It could be a weekly event, as AppSheet team is nicely pushing new features evey single moment, I wish to expect the event organized by AppSheet teams will become more freqent and active as it used to be before.

@takuya_miyai 

9 8 165
8 REPLIES 8

I think, with Google taking over, as Devs we should consider organising something ourselves.  I know there was the slack channel for a while and @MultiTech is doing some AWESOME live videos on the latest stuff.  But I think to get what we want/need, we need to decide what that is and do it ourselves.

Maybe we could start out with a once per month Google Meet of all the Appshee Jedi's to share ideas, maybe even share work?  Since I know there are guys out there that are better than me at GAS, HTML templates, Appsheet API to name just some.  I'd be happy to outsource these rather than kill myself trying to learn a whole new topic I'm gonna use just once.  Not sure how I can help you guys, but I must be above average at something ๐Ÿ˜†

I've mentioned this before... When ran my IT Support business for 10+ years ,we used a tool called connectwise to do the sales/CRM/invoicing/ticketing etc.  They held user group meetings 2-3 times per year in about 5 locations around the globe.  This was the 'olden days' (mid 00's ๐Ÿคฃ) when you had to travel to actual seminars.  After going a few times I realised there was only 2 reasons that made it worthwhile going

1. To find out all the bits of ConnectWise that didn't work.  Since you could spend days trying to get something to work that was never going to work
  2. To talk with other people in the same industry to find out:
    • What where they charging?
    • What services did they offer / what was selling and what wasn't?
    • What tools/techniques/suppliers did they find useful?

Maybe we should do something along those lines?  Personally I'd be happy for @MultiTech to use any comments, video etc generated in his Youtube channel.  As that could only serve to promote us all. 

Anyway, just a thought / braindump. Please comment below

@MultiTech

@Koichi_Tsuji 

@Steve 

@dbaum 

@Marc_Dillon 

@WillowMobileSys

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

@SkrOYC 

@Aurelien 

@Joseph_Seddik 

And any others i've missed (only allowed to list 10 ๐Ÿ˜ž )

@1minManager I've been thinking for a while that we should make content as a group of AppSheet devs and @MultiTech's channel seems like the best option. We could even have our own YT Channel just for weekly or monthly podcasts or something like that so that people that's entering the AppSheet world can get a review of the features or at least have an idea of what they are able to do before they start playing with the editor and more.

@MultiTech, you could have a weekly "conversational" stream aside the one you have on fridays where there are AppSheet Devs wanting to share opinions and more.

@1minManager wrote:

as Devs we should consider organising something ourselves

๐Ÿ’ฏ

I'd like to have an unofficial community where we can share whatever we want and organize events based on our real needs

@MultiTech is the most valueble user imo here. More than any google staff. It would be nice if google set him as a COO of Appsheet.

I am humbled by your kind words; thank you @diogolupcosta  ๐Ÿ’“

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@1minManager wrote:

I think, with Google taking over, as Devs we should consider organizing something ourselves....

To be honest, I've always dreamed about AppSheetInsider.com being something along these lines.

• I've wanted to do something with that domain for awhile now, just not sure what...
  • I thought it would be a great place where anyone could create their own posts about things.
  • Where the content was driven by the community (like it is here) - but curated by knowledgeable folk
  • People could create how-to guides... and maybe sell them if they wanted?
  • Where we could have monthly (weekly?) podcasts
  • Articles about new features, news about what's going on, articles on other platforms (Zapier, Make, QuickChart, OpenAi, GAS, G-Sheets, etc) that integrate nicely with AppSheet apps

Basically like a curated knowledge center for advanced AppSheet stuff, maintained by anyone who's willing to put in the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not interested in making money on this (enough to pay for itself would be nice).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno... maybe THAT could be the place for this?

Sure, and if it runs on Discourse, even better ๐Ÿ˜

You mean replicate old community?๐Ÿค“

Make a better one ๐Ÿค“

I'm good with this idea.  I'm happy with making no money out of this as well.  I think as a Devs we are all busy enough and there's plenty of work to go around.  Also that just by visibly being part of this we'll generate more work for each other.

Top Labels in this Space