No show of leading zero's on scan but need to enforce numeric value

I understand AppSheet does not recognize leading zeros in a numerical value but client requires only numeric values in the field and needs to see the leading number during entry for confirmation

If I revert to data type of Text on the field - how do enforce only numeric values in the field?

0 15 2,357
15 REPLIES 15

@Daisy_Ramirez
Can you exemplify?

Client requires a 10-digit number of the bar code field.

Client inputs 0345645678 but will see the validation check error since AppSheet doesnโ€™t recognize the leading zero.

2X_e_e80d84873e51d6de67b072d68c792941efa04448.png

@Daisy_Ramirez
Thatโ€™s so normal because no any integer can start with zero, therefore a 10 digit number can only begin with 1

Hi. A โ€œValid Ifโ€ statement could help here. Hereโ€™s a simple example (image pasted below). I tried this out, if I scan a number and then afterwards attempt to change it to text, it wonโ€™t let me. I didnโ€™t have anything nearby to scan that included textโ€ฆ perhaps you can test on your end?

if 10 digit is a must then it shall be:

AND(
    LEN([_THIS])=10,
    NUMBER([_THIS])>0
)

Bahbus

In the details for a number column, you can tell it to always display 10 digits, which will have leading zeros. I donโ€™t know if it helps you on entering the numbers and validating them.

@Bahbus
Have you tested your proposition?

Only so far as displaying them. Not on the entering of them. But it should at least help simplify things for @Daisy_Ramirez. Even if AppSheet isnโ€™t saving the leading zeroes into the underlying spreadsheet/database.

Alrightyโ€ฆthis worked like a charm!

AND(
LEN([_THIS])=10,
NUMBER([_THIS])>0
)

Thanks everyone for the different ideas. Iโ€™ll keep this as reference for future use as well.

I have the same problem when i extract the minutes from Time Now.
Is there any way that i can extract with the 0 as currently it attracts 10:7 instead of 10:07.
Anybody could help?

@Vital_Quality

RIGHT("0"&MINUTES(TIMENOW()),2)

I'm going through a similar problem, I have a database with CNPJ (what is similar to EIN ) of clients, it always have 14 numeric digits, some of them starts with 0.

I have a enum to choose one of them, but it always ignore 0's.
Is there some formula that I can use to solve it?

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Thank's @Steve! I already did it and solve my problem.

so is there a link so i can read it to perhaps solve my problem?

Top Labels in this Space