Noobie question: problems when regenerating schema...

Hello! I've been using Appshet for some time but haven't been able to figure out this one... 

I'm using a GSheets table with over 600 columns. Most of them have been modified on APPSHEET with visibility/editability formulas, display names, etc.

Now it's essentially not viable for me to add or remove columns from the table because when I regenerate I loose a lot of this info I input on Appsheet. I haven't kept track of what stays and what goes, but I was wondering if there is a way to keep everything as is and just add new columns on my data source (and regenerating) without messing with the data on Appsheet.

Thanks in advance!

0 3 239
3 REPLIES 3

In my case regenerate is not affecting the expressions filled in the SHOW or EDITABLE field of existing columns unless any change is made to the column name of existing ones. All other column settings are retained.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Ok, so I figured out what happened....

I had a bunch of columns with generic, repeating names. That is, they didn't have unique headers. Appsheet was automatically assigning a numeric suffix to those headers to individualize them. Problem is, everytime I inserted a new column, all succeeding existing columns were renamed (once again) by Appsheet with new suffixes. This ended up messing up some of the column settings I specified on Appsheet (like column types) and also messed up the formulas that mentioned columns with previous suffixes. The solution was to go back to Google Sheets and assign unique column headers to all my columns. 

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space