Not adding products

Hi guys.

I have a problem. I have a table called "Movimientos" and another called "Productos". When I add a movement, a quantity is added for inventory control through an action. The process works correctly if I add the quantities from the application. But if I add the quantity manually in the sheet, it doesn't work.

The action is an "Data: set the values of some columns in this row" and itยดs set to some columns, always with the same expression: 

SUM(SELECT(MOVIMIENTOS[CANTIDAD], [ITEM]=[_THISROW].[ITEM]))

I don't understand why it works one way but not the other, when the expression just adds up some cells in the sheet. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

0 2 52
2 REPLIES 2

Columns formulas are evaluated upon row creation or a data change in any column in the same row. To detect a data change, this change has to be initiated from within the app itself either by direct user interaction or through automation. Direct changes to the data source will not trigger recalculation of column formulas. 

Allowing direct changes to the data source is NOT a recommended practice, but if you still need to do it, then you can have an action button for example that would just introduce any simple change to the row, like for example incrementing a counter, so that the user can click to force re-calculation of formulas in all the row's column.

The process in general will always involve entering data through the application. However, I currently have almost 1000 entries that I need to add which are stored in an Excel sheet, so I do need to do it manually at least temporarily.

I will try to follow your proposed solution.

Thank you very much for the information!

Top Labels in this Space