Not possibe to send Dynamic Email to email in parent table

Hey there

I'm building an approval app with parent/child relationships and wanted a bot to send an inforation email to an email adress in the parent table with a parent table view.

Now I get the following error: Error encountered in step with name [Mail to Smartsheet Owner]:
The row used to populate the embedded app view (dynamic email) was either inaccessible or not found.

Support said, that I have to use another key column, bot if I do that, my relationships aren't working anymore.

Does someone know a work around or is the only solution not to use Dynamic Emails?

0 13 295
13 REPLIES 13

What view type are you trying to send? From which table you are trying to trigger the Bot?

I'm sending the Detail view from the parent table. bot triggers also from the parent table

Now I'm confused. If you are trying to trigger a Bot from the parent record, and it should send the parent's detail view from that record, why would you need to change the key column? Does your app structure contain something else that is related to this challenge?

Support told me, that the bot can't send the mail, because of my key column. If I change it, the bot works, so I guess the problem is that I have a parent/child relationship in that table. 

Would you please take a printscreen from your parent table (from the editor)

Jolle_0-1698231320025.png

there you go

Still I don't get it why you would need to change the key column if all rows have their unique value on it. Something is now missing.. 

Sorry I know it's confusing.
Main problem is, that the automation bot doesn't send out the email. This is the error I get.

Jolle_0-1698233928793.png

maybe you have an idea what could be the problem?

That doesn't give any hint either. Please take a printscreen from your Bot and its setup.

Jolle_0-1698235860237.png

Jolle_2-1698235944569.png

Jolle_3-1698235966848.png

Thanks so much for trying to help me!

You said in the beginning "bot to send an inforation email to an email adress in the parent table with a parent table view." What do you mean by that?

So i set up a bot to send an email with embedded app view everytime a new entry gets created to an e-mailadress in the parent table. But the email doesn't get sent and when I monitor the automations I find the error:  Error encountered in step with name [Mail to Smartsheet Owner]:
The row used to populate the embedded app view (dynamic email) was either inaccessible or not found.

Jolle_0-1698231798637.png

Sorry last one wasn't correct

Top Labels in this Space