Notes history

Hello.

I have a column Notes. I would like to track history of changes  for this column in different column - Notes History.

Ideally, if I would write something into 'Notes' and save it, the column 'Notes History' would save content like this:

1. My first note

And when I would update the column 'Notes', clear old content and update it with new data, 'Notes History' would append and save data using number separator  (1,2,3,etc):

1. My first Note 2. My second note

And so on.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 4 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes , that is possible.

Please 

1. Create [Notes] column - Long Text Type. 

2. [Notes History] column - Enumlist Type with base type as Long Text.  Editable_if : FALSE, Show_if : turn off if you do not wish to display this column.

3. Create an action type "Data: Set values of some columns in this row" with an expression that sets [Notes History Column] with an expression [NOTES History]+LIST(CONCATENATE(COUNT([Notes History])+1,".",[Notes]))

4. Please set prominence as "Do not display" for this action. Execute this action on Form save or "Data Change" bot that executes on data change in [Notes} column.

5. Refrain from having commas (,) in the notes because those will be counted as separate notes while numbering.  If you will use commas in notes, you could use something like (#) as list separator in the [Notes History] column. Whatever character you use in list separator should not be used while jotting down notes or else it will be counted as a different note.๐Ÿ™‚

Alternative approach

If you do not wish to have the actions implementation you could try the below app formula for the [Notes History] column. It should work.

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[NOTES History]+LIST(CONCATENATE(COUNT([Notes History]),".",[Notes]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes , that is possible.

Please 

1. Create [Notes] column - Long Text Type. 

2. [Notes History] column - Enumlist Type with base type as Long Text.  Editable_if : FALSE, Show_if : turn off if you do not wish to display this column.

3. Create an action type "Data: Set values of some columns in this row" with an expression that sets [Notes History Column] with an expression [NOTES History]+LIST(CONCATENATE(COUNT([Notes History])+1,".",[Notes]))

4. Please set prominence as "Do not display" for this action. Execute this action on Form save or "Data Change" bot that executes on data change in [Notes} column.

5. Refrain from having commas (,) in the notes because those will be counted as separate notes while numbering.  If you will use commas in notes, you could use something like (#) as list separator in the [Notes History] column. Whatever character you use in list separator should not be used while jotting down notes or else it will be counted as a different note.๐Ÿ™‚

Alternative approach

If you do not wish to have the actions implementation you could try the below app formula for the [Notes History] column. It should work.

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[NOTES History]+LIST(CONCATENATE(COUNT([Notes History]),".",[Notes]))

Dear Sir,

I did not even try the alternative approach, as the first solution you proposed, works like a charm!

Thank you so much.
Much appreciated.

Ather

Thanks 

Thank you so much!! xoxo. Exactly what i need.

Top Labels in this Space