OCR Numbers errors

Hi All,

I'm trying to add OCR to my app, the models trained no problem and the data it pull from the image is always (almost) correct. but one of my collumns is of type "Prices" and even if it gives me the right number, It always birngs out the "This data is invalid" error in the form... even if the number is correct

I get the feeling that it's feeding the field with a String value, even if it's numbers..

Any way to change the OCR to automatically switch it to Prices ?

thanks 

0 2 195
2 REPLIES 2

Did you figure out a way around this?   I have not used the OCR feature at all so not familiar with it.  I don't know if you can extract Price/Decimal values directly.  

If the OCR model is returning only text values, a work around is to use a second column to convert the text value into a Number/Decimal/Price.   So the OCR model feeds a column named maybe "Text Price" but then you have a second column named "Price" that has its Initial Value set to DECIMAL([Text Price]).  Use DECIMAL() for PRICE types.  In the case of numbers you would use the NUMBER() function.

I hope this helps...if you haven't solved it already!!

Thanks for your answer, I did try this in the editor where the OCR is captured, however if you wrap the OCR() function in anything, it seems to stop working... so i would have to setup another collumn that converts the data, honestly I haven't had time to play with the solution, but I would like to know if it's possible to do it within a formula instead of another collumn ! 

thanks for the follow up ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space