ORGANIZATION CHART

chiukim_0-1663817393984.png

I'd like to create an organization chart using appsheet set up. Example he/she will manually add new employee then tag his/her position in the organization. Then, using scheduled bot it will show the hierarchy chart. I looked on UX option but it seems no options for organizational chart. so i think automation is the last resort here. Then, using scheduled bot it will show the hierarchy chart

Please help if this is possible?

Solved Solved
0 8 1,459
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You could possibly use charts option available with Google sheets and embed that chart as an image in your app.

Organizational charts - Google Docs Editors Help

Since org charts typically are not required to  update instantly some lag in update should be acceptable.

I had also shared a tip on creating hierarchy charts but their structure is different and implementation is a bit tricky.

Create hierarchy views using table views - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

The following is not tested and the question is really about using the Google sheet charts but please test by removing the highlighted row in yellow. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1663913706552.png

If you still want to enter the details of the managing director in a separate row, then create a slice excluding that row and please make your chart based on that slice.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You could possibly use charts option available with Google sheets and embed that chart as an image in your app.

Organizational charts - Google Docs Editors Help

Since org charts typically are not required to  update instantly some lag in update should be acceptable.

I had also shared a tip on creating hierarchy charts but their structure is different and implementation is a bit tricky.

Create hierarchy views using table views - Google Cloud Community

chiukim_0-1663835764503.png

Thanks for the response. Ive tried it with the google sheets. But it so simple. I need to add same data like the name and other numerical values.  

Thanks for your sharing another ways. i will try it if my boss will like the design. 

Hello. Do you have links/guide on how can i copy the image in my google sheet to my app?

Please follow this Tip and Trick post by @Koichi_Tsuji 

Please follow the entire thread. Google sheet charts do not update automatically. You may need to wait 30 minutes for auto sync by the AppSheet app or use the approach suggested by @hru to open the chart in browser in the same post.

Place the Google Sheet Chart onto Appsheet app - Google Cloud Community

chiukim_0-1663913468705.png

Thank you. Can you help me why this is happening? 

The following is not tested and the question is really about using the Google sheet charts but please test by removing the highlighted row in yellow. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1663913706552.png

If you still want to enter the details of the managing director in a separate row, then create a slice excluding that row and please make your chart based on that slice.

thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space