Offline Data Caching Limit

Has anyone run into a limit on how many offline actions a device can store locally before running into an issue (e.g. you spend all day working in the app offline and have over 1000 interactions ready to sync)? Will the app stop saving new data, overwrite the oldest data, force close or some other side effect?

I am sure there are several factors at play including optimization of the app, device specs, types of data you're interacting with etc.. I would like to better understand what behavior is expected and if there is opportunity to notify the user that a limit is being reached to avoid loss of data.

Solved Solved
1 6 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I am unaware of a limit. I know for sure there is no way you as the app creator can monitor or protect the user from reaching a limit.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This article may help.  There is a section on Prolonged Offline use.

Offline and Sync: The Essentials

Thanks for linking that article. I understand the bullet points it lines out around prolonged offline use, however it does not quite cover if there is some sort of offline memory limit or what happens if that limit is reached.

Understood.  I think the inference is that there IS NOT any set AppSheet limitation.  The limitation would therefore be only that of the device storage which can vary depending on user's usage of that device.

10-4. I agree with your assessment. Hopefully some additional guidance becomes available in the future. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I am unaware of a limit. I know for sure there is no way you as the app creator can monitor or protect the user from reaching a limit.

Thank you for your replies! I will continue to test the offline capability and see what the limitations might be for our situation.

Top Labels in this Space