Old Data Reappears randomly

Hi All,

We have an issue that has been cropping up that old data seems to randomly reappear within the app whilst the user is using it.
Our current set up is that the user uses the app offline during the day and then at the end of the day connects to Wi-Fi to sync the data back to the cloud. This works well, however the next day when the user goes to use the data again, they delete the previous data out (whilst offline) and start afresh. Then randomly throughout the day data from the previous day seems to reappear which in turn upsets the working of the app.
So far what I can see is that online the app looks fine and functions as should when this happens to the users tablet.
We are using  AppSheet Starter licenses and wondered if anyone else had come across this and if a solution had been found to stop this from happening?

Solved Solved
0 1 61
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, the fact that your user is using the app offline is causing some problems because the data is just deleted on their device but the server doesn't know that, although I would consider this a bug anyways.

Also, this "delete to start fresh" doesn't sound right, I mean it seems there is a problem with the way you developed the app. What you can do is (considering you don't have security filters on starter) to make a slice so that the user just sees the data entered TODAY() instead of all the data, this way your user won't need to delete anything but the old data won't bother either. Make sure to have a [Date] column or similar with an initial value of TODAY() so you can compare later

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Well, the fact that your user is using the app offline is causing some problems because the data is just deleted on their device but the server doesn't know that, although I would consider this a bug anyways.

Also, this "delete to start fresh" doesn't sound right, I mean it seems there is a problem with the way you developed the app. What you can do is (considering you don't have security filters on starter) to make a slice so that the user just sees the data entered TODAY() instead of all the data, this way your user won't need to delete anything but the old data won't bother either. Make sure to have a [Date] column or similar with an initial value of TODAY() so you can compare later

Top Labels in this Space