Old versions of apps in cache for months?

Hey all!

Recently I released an AppSheet app to about 150 people in my company. It went pretty smoothly except for a strange thing: about 10% of users are seeing an older version of the app I had shown them during a training some months prior to the official launch day. Doing a cache refresh (Shift+F5 etc) doesn't seem to fix it. The only thing that fixes it we've discovered is logging out and back in. 

Is there a known reason this would happen, maybe a browser setting (this was happening on Chrome last few times)? I have AppSheet set to sync on start but I'm guessing that only counts if they get logged out. Can AppSheet time people out automatically somehow? Thoughts?

0 2 85
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have the affected users perform an explicit sync by clicking the sync button in the upper right of the app window. That's a sync, not a browser reload.

I myself have noticed that a hard reload doesn't always produce the same effect as an explicit sync. I've also noticed that the sync that appears to occur when opening the app in a browser isn't always equivalent to an explicit sync.

Good to know! Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space