On a Dashboard, how to maximise a table view, and minimise the filters which will control the view.

I have a dashboard with a filtered table at the top and the filters to apply to it below. The filters are two views of the same table, just with one column shown and marked "Quick Edit".

I'm looking for a way to give as much screen space to the filtered table and have the filters take up the minimum possible.  I've tried hiding the filter view header (bottom left view).  I've searched for a way to display the fields as two columns side-by-side rather than one above the other in the same view.

Guidance appreciated on options to maximise the filtered table size and have a nice, compact set of filters on screen.

gcor71_0-1687215365144.png

Solved Solved
0 4 466
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would preferably orient the dashboard in the following configuration. The filtering inputs on the left hand side. The filter input view has "tall" view setting within the dashboard. The filtered data is on the right hand side. This view has "large" view setting within the dashboard. 

With this orientation, one can display sufficient number of columns and of course as many rows as those fit in one desktop view for the filtered data in table view format.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1687234429066.png

One thing to remember with dashboards is the user can make her/his own shifting of views within the dashboard. So any setting from the app configuration is good but user can alter the positioning within the dashboard, of course in user's own device only.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I would preferably orient the dashboard in the following configuration. The filtering inputs on the left hand side. The filter input view has "tall" view setting within the dashboard. The filtered data is on the right hand side. This view has "large" view setting within the dashboard. 

With this orientation, one can display sufficient number of columns and of course as many rows as those fit in one desktop view for the filtered data in table view format.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1687234429066.png

One thing to remember with dashboards is the user can make her/his own shifting of views within the dashboard. So any setting from the app configuration is good but user can alter the positioning within the dashboard, of course in user's own device only.

Great advice.

gcor71_0-1687253523125.png

"the user can make her/his own shifting of views within the dashboard" - I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.

Follow-up: is it possible to control the format of the filter view? Reduce font size, remove cell padding from the buttons etc?  I've explored 'Format Rules' but can't see how where this is possible.

@gcor71 wrote:

Follow-up: is it possible to control the format of the filter view? Reduce font size, remove cell padding from the buttons etc?  I've explored 'Format Rules' but can't see how where this is possible.

Sorry, unfortunately, there is not much control over there currently. 

Also I hope you are sharing the screenshots with pseudo data. Please always ensure that you share all the relevant details with pseudo data in the community.

It is pseudo data, of course.

Thanks again for the assist.

Top Labels in this Space