Onboarding app - need to add multiple URLs to assignment

I am trying to build ontop of the Assignment Management Template App (https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Manage-Class-Schedule--Assignments-with-this-App?appGuidString=e32e...) and I need to find a way to add attachments (links to web urls, drive documents, etc) to each assignment.

Currently, I created a 3rd Table called Attachments where “Assignment” is the Ref Key.

This seems to provide the “related attachments” list correctly in the assignment:
3X_c_a_cafb06fa20e7999d84659294e9175849b0458f1e.png

But no matter which attachment I select it shows the same page as if all of the related attachments are in on long list or array.:

What it shows is the first link associated to that assignment, but if I select the URL or Hyperlink it actually sends me to the last link associated to that assignment.

Any help would be appreciated! (I’m only allowed 1 media file at this time… I will add more in comments as needed)

Solved Solved
1 3 338
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks MultiTech!
What messed it up was in my Attachments Table, I was using “Assignment” as a Key which caused it to clump everything together if my Assignment had more than 1 attachment. Since this should be a static table, I made _RowNumber the Key so it kept unique values and it fixed the problem!

Thank you for commenting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Kelly_Harlan, welcome to the community!

I’m not sure what exactly you’re asking then.

Thanks MultiTech!
What messed it up was in my Attachments Table, I was using “Assignment” as a Key which caused it to clump everything together if my Assignment had more than 1 attachment. Since this should be a static table, I made _RowNumber the Key so it kept unique values and it fixed the problem!

Thank you for commenting!

While I’m happy you solved the problem, using row numbers as the key is also another problem.

You can definitely get away with this, and sometimes it will be fine, but just be aware that using the row number as the key is not necessarily the best choice.

The real solution would be to add a column into your table that holds a unique value - and use that as the key for that table.

My Rule of Thumb for Keys
  • Always a text column
  • Always hidden
  • Always UNIQUEID()

That way there’s no confusion about possible duplicates, your key values will always be 8 characters long, and everything is handled and taken care of by the system in the background.

Top Labels in this Space