One app with multiple users with limited access

Hi,

I made an app to be used by HR, supervisors and MIS department. I highlighted what I wanna ask in my 1st picture. I want supervisors and MIS department to access only a TABLE where they would input details.

paula_3-1676605311789.png

I saw in my app this security filter where I would put, say, the HR email so only them could see ALL the employee details then supervisors and MIS would only see employee details I included in the email template.

paula_0-1676604256672.png

I tried this, and the result in the email I shared an app with (which is not included in my security filter condition) is blank (which is good). But the problem is, the option to Add is still there.

paula_1-1676604641486.png

I want supervisors and MIS to not see these tables at all, instead, be shown only ONE TABLE to modify (asset list). Is that possible? If so, can someone pls teach me how?

So long but I hope this question was clear as I just really wanted to elaborate what happened and what I want.

Hope somebody could help. Thank you!

0 1 95
1 REPLY 1

In addition to security filters, you can use 

@paula wrote:

I want supervisors and MIS to not see these tables at all, instead, be shown only ONE TABLE to modify (asset list). Is that possible? If so, can someone pls teach me how?

Show_if  constraint in views to hide certain views from certain users. Please see section"Use lists to show and hide views" in the article below

List expressions - AppSheet Help

Also please take a look at the below article to manage table level permissions to the users

Limit users to particular tables, views, and actions - AppSheet Help

Also please be aware of essential difference between security filters and other hiding mechanises. Security filters prevent the data from reaching the user's device itself from the server. So it is most secure option. Show_if constraints do not prevent data from reaching user's device, they merely hide the views/columns being shown to the user.

Top Labels in this Space