One day short on calendar view when events longer than one day

Hi!

When I have an event with start date 01.01 and end date 01.04, only 01.01-01.03 is marked in the calendar. Does anyone know why? And how to get it right?

Oliver

Solved Solved
0 4 501
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you have a time-column to go with the event? Or only a date?

If you only have a date, it may be looking at the end-date as starting/ending exactly at midnight.

Either add a Time column to the sheet, or change your Date to a DateTime.

NOTE: If thereโ€™s no real time involved, you can add a virtual column to provide a constant time value that gets added to each event.

In one app, I counted the number of events per day and added 1-hr to 8AM for each event. So the second event was 9AM, 3rd = 10AM, etc. This seems to look better on calendar views than having no date at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Do you have a time-column to go with the event? Or only a date?

If you only have a date, it may be looking at the end-date as starting/ending exactly at midnight.

Either add a Time column to the sheet, or change your Date to a DateTime.

NOTE: If thereโ€™s no real time involved, you can add a virtual column to provide a constant time value that gets added to each event.

In one app, I counted the number of events per day and added 1-hr to 8AM for each event. So the second event was 9AM, 3rd = 10AM, etc. This seems to look better on calendar views than having no date at all.

Perfect, thank you! But it seems like i canโ€™t choose a VC thats hidden as start/end date in the calendar view? Is it correct that the column has to be visible?

Not exactly. You can use a formula to hide it from the user. It just canโ€™t be set to always hidden, because that removes it from the dropdown options of columns to display on the calendar.

Perfect! Thank you very much

Top Labels in this Space