One form to add two sheets

Hi, I am new to Appsheet.

Is it possible to use one form to add row sheet A or sheet B ?

For example, I have two sheets named "comments" and "question".

And a form has text box and buttons of "comments" and "question".

When I write text, press "comments" button. The text is stored in "comments" sheet.

When I write text, press "question" button. The text is stored in "question" sheet.

Sorry my explanation might not good, but I'm pleased if you give me some suggestions!

Solved Solved
0 5 304
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amufaamo wrote:

my colleague want to see google spreadsheet (not app).

Tell your colleague that this is a terrible idea, think about your spreadsheet as a database, it shoudn't be touched by almost any means.

Anyway, I would make a bot that listens for new adds on the "Master" table and then executes two actions of "Add a new row to..." based on a condition.

If it's [Category]="Question", execute the action that's pointing to the Questions table, and the other way around

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can but you would need to build the capability to do it.

Why not have a single sheet, maybe named Responses, with a Category column that has two possibilities - either "Comment" or "Question".  Then a Response column where the comment or question is inserted.  Your sheet would look like the table below.  You can then use Slices to divide this data into Comments and Questions if needed.

Response IDCategoryResponse
8237a765QuestionWhat are my options?
24b32995CommentI think this is a good way to do it
0ff84a98CommentIt's a great day today!
7f01db2eQuestionWill the sun come up tomorrow?

Just adding to the conversation, @WillowMobileSys's idea is the best way imho.

Anyway, I think you would need 3 tables to do what you want the way you want it, one of them would be the one made by John, so it just doesn't make sense to have extra ones, the slices are basically "tables" from your app's pov

Thank you so much @SkrOYC  and @WillowMobileSys . I understood it's better to use slice. 

But my colleague want to see google spreadsheet (not app). So I want sheet of only "question" or "comments".

> I think you would need 3 tables

I understand I need "Master", "comments", "Question" sheet, but could you teach me how to automatically add row to "comments" or "question" sheets when the row of "Master" sheets is added? 

I thought "add new row to another table using values from this row" in Behavior works, but it did not work.

@amufaamo wrote:

my colleague want to see google spreadsheet (not app).

Tell your colleague that this is a terrible idea, think about your spreadsheet as a database, it shoudn't be touched by almost any means.

Anyway, I would make a bot that listens for new adds on the "Master" table and then executes two actions of "Add a new row to..." based on a condition.

If it's [Category]="Question", execute the action that's pointing to the Questions table, and the other way around

OK, I try it. Thank you so much!
Top Labels in this Space