One more clock in clock out application?

hi

I am considering a solution from two tables employee tables and timesheet tables
I linked the tables with the name in reference. What I would like to do is that when I made someone clock in their name no longer appear in the dropdown list
I will use only one device to run the app

Solved Solved
0 2 199
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

After some translation errors, I was finally able to get what I wanted thanks to your precious formula

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I assume this means an employee accesses a Timesheet form and then selects the desired Employee from an Employee column which is a REF column back to the Employee table.

In the Valid_If of the Employee column you will want to use an expression like this (Note that I have made assumptions about column names. You will need to adjust to your tables):

SELECT(Employee[Employee ID], 
               OR(
                      [Employee ID] = [_THISROW].[Employee],
                      NOT(IN([Employee ID], SELECT(Timesheet[Employee], 
                                                   AND(ISNOTBLANK([Start DateTime]),
                                                            ISBLANK([End DateTime])))))
               )
)

Note: The reason for the OR([Employee ID] = [_THISROW].[Employee] is to allow for EDITING of an existing row. Since the row is opened in a Form, the Valid_If still applies and without this check the assigned Employee would show as invalid.

To describe the above expression is wordsโ€ฆโ€œGive the list of Employee IDโ€™s that either are already assigned to this row OR have no open sign-in records.โ€

I hope this helps

Hi

After some translation errors, I was finally able to get what I wanted thanks to your precious formula

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space