Only show some options based on selection

I have a very basic inventory app that we use to track things like computers and keyboards.

I want to add in some things for our networking guys, but I dont want them to have to scroll through all of our stuff to get the things they need to inventory.

I would like to have them select what team they are on and then only the items that are associated with the network guys will show up.

It seems like most of the how to's out there are outdated and dont work when I try to use them
Does anyone know how to do this or am I expecting too much from appsheet?

Solved Solved
0 1 71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There could be various options to achieve what you are looking for - for example network team sees only the items associated with them using dependent dropdowns, so that the users have choice of selecting from various options and limit further dependent choices.

Dependent drop-downs - AppSheet Help

Another  more appropriate option could be to use your own Valid_if constructs

Check form input validity (Valid_If) - AppSheet Help

Edit: Made some changes to the description.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

There could be various options to achieve what you are looking for - for example network team sees only the items associated with them using dependent dropdowns, so that the users have choice of selecting from various options and limit further dependent choices.

Dependent drop-downs - AppSheet Help

Another  more appropriate option could be to use your own Valid_if constructs

Check form input validity (Valid_If) - AppSheet Help

Edit: Made some changes to the description.

Top Labels in this Space