Open new app with related orders

Hi,

I am breaking up my app as its too big and have another app with archived orders and order details.

I can get a new app to open with the same row in he same view showing as the one the user just left in the old app using this below

concatenate(
"https://www.appsheet.com/start/",
ENCODEURL("7d603069-5872-4f44-9da8-e67f7b11caa5"),
"#view=",
ENCODEURL("User 60"),
"&row=",
ENCODEURL([_THISROW])
)

But can I get another app to open only showing rows in another table that share the unique id of the row in the first app so that my grandfather table is in a different app to my parent and child tables. I know it's not possible to filter with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

Thanks

Phil

0 4 77
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Phil_Waite wrote:

I know it's not possible to filter with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

Huh? Filtering is exactly what that function does.

Hi Steve,

I thought I saw a post by you saying that the FILTER won't work when opening a new app - it only works to view in the current app.

I have a workaround where there is another table that uses UNIQUE() in googlsheets to create a list of Grandparent UNIQUE IDs from the order table. The fist app links to it's corresponding row in the new one (which just has name and UNIQUE ID) from where related orders and order details can be accessed.

Can I use a FILTEREDVIEW in the expression below when opening a new app?

concatenate(
"https://www.appsheet.com/start/",
ENCODEURL("7d603069-5872-4f44-9da8-e67f7b11caa5"),
"#view=",
ENCODEURL("User 60"),
"&row=",
ENCODEURL([_THISROW])
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Phil_Waite wrote:

I thought I saw a post by you saying that the FILTER won't work when opening a new app - it only works to view in the current app.

Ah, yes, that is true.

To do what you want, my first thought is to have another table shared between the apps that contains enough information to configure a slice in the new app that includes what you want. The action in the old app would then become one of type Grouped: execute a sequence of actions that first populates this new shared table then navigates to the new app.

Top Labels in this Space