Open prefilled URL and save entry

Hi,

I have a Virtual Column called [PrefilledURL] that CONTACTs the static text with a column's value like this:
"www.xyz.com/abc?id=" & [ID]

When the user completes the form and hits 'Save', I want the form's data to be saved and a new window opened with the URL from that row's [PrefilledURL].

Is this possible within AppSheet?

Solved Solved
0 3 128
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Steve Thanks! that works!. The only issue I am facing is :

I have a Parent Table A and Child Table B. Upon saving the child table I am successfully able to launch the URL along with the save action. But when I create the child while creating/updating the parent, the URL does not launch upon save (the new child's data does get saved though).

Is there a  solution for the above use case? If not then I'll accept the initial solution. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Create an action of type External: go to a web site that uses the generated URL. Attach the action as the Form Saved event action in the form view's configuration.

@Steve Thanks! that works!. The only issue I am facing is :

I have a Parent Table A and Child Table B. Upon saving the child table I am successfully able to launch the URL along with the save action. But when I create the child while creating/updating the parent, the URL does not launch upon save (the new child's data does get saved though).

Is there a  solution for the above use case? If not then I'll accept the initial solution. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

That's a tricky one. When you add or update child row from a parent form, you're using what's called a "nested form", a form within a form. The inner form is not treated as a stand-alone form, so its Form Saved action and some other options available on the form view's configuration page aren't applied. To reproduce that behavior, you'd have to configure the parent view to do it, too.

Top Labels in this Space