Opening the App and Syncing (bug?)

When you open the App, by either pressing the Appsheet Icon or Your Direct Access Logo the App has a process slow start up or syncing. But when it opens, always go to the las view you open. In my case I have Filtered View by Date= Today. if you open the app tomorrow shows data of yesterday even with this start up showing syncing.......

Also if you press the circle arrow on the view "from yesterday", start the Process of syncing but it finally shows yesterday data. 

Any ideas of how to solve this.?

In any case, this is my suggestion: if the app shows syncing when opening should go to the home view, not to the last opened view. 

Thanks.

0 6 99
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@yastaaa wrote:

In any case, this is my suggestion: if the app shows syncing when opening should go to the home view, not to the last opened view. 

That's how it used to work, but someone considered that a bug and changed the behavior to what it is now.

Instead of using a filtered view, consider using a slice.

๐Ÿ˜”Slice has problems also when the filter is a virtual column. Waiting for any other ideas.

We have also this condition in Options>General>Starting View that is failing to go to the Home View.

IF(NOT(in(context("device"), Users[uuid])), "Welcome to App Yastaaa", "Home")

After Loading, Starting Up, Sync:

Why this fails and goes to the previous opened view?

That starting view expression now only applies when the app is first opened. Any time after that it attempts to return to the last view, the expression has no use for subsequent visits.

Ok. Perfect I understand.

Then why  this process before:  Loading, Starting Up, Sync. For me that is like the app is opening 1st time.

If is going to the previous view after starting up and sync. If a user sees that message he is expecting something new, and he finds and old view not updated. ๐Ÿ™„

Then they call what's up? i don't see anything new.

IMO with Loading.... only will be better so they know they have to do something else, before they start to think something is wrong with the app.

This can be solved this way. From the editor and option that is the default (opens the app where it was) and another that you can select the starting view when the app reloads.

Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space