Optimize app formula expression

I have an app formula to get the ref rows in a virtual column. I noticed the load time increased after implementing itโ€”is there any way to optimize the formula?

List(Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Admin")), 1),
Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 1")), 1),
Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 2")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 3")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 4")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 5")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team 6")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Team DXB")), 1), Index(Select(Link[Invoice], And([_THISROW]=[Event Code], [Team]="Teamless")), 1))

There is tons of redundancy in this and is calculated for each row which is not needed.

0 3 36
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not quiet sure what you are trying to actually get at, but your use of Index with Select and then constructing a list out of individual records is your main problem. I'm not sure if this will solve it for you but give it a try:

SELECT(Link[Invoice], AND([_THISROW] = [Event Code], IN([Team], {"Admin","Team 1","Team 2","etc")))

I would like to get just one row where the team name matches.

Using the expression you provided:

Saifabbs_0-1710232487791.png

This is a virtual field I use to show the amounts for each team. I would like the result to be similar to this: 

Saifabbs_1-1710232638066.png

I tried to apply a row filter to get just 1 row for each team but couldn't get the correct expression for it,

Looks a bit like you are trying to construct a pivot table summary. I personally have not implemented something like this in Appsheet but I thought others have put together some sort of documentation.

Top Labels in this Space