Optional Referencing

Hi I am working on an inventory app that has barcodes of the items, their names, and description on separated columns. I was able to reference the barcode from the Item list table to the inventory logs table so I can search for a barcode and get a list from the item list table. However, I realized that there are items that do not have a barcode so I set my barcode column to not required but I can not find a way to tell appsheet that ifisblank([barcode] then instead of [item list].[name] referencing command you should display the list of items without barcodes) something like that. I hope someone can help me?

additionally, I created a slice of items with blank barcode but I guess I can not make use of it

0 1 101
1 REPLY 1

What about next scenario:

Table ITEMS with columns [ID], [BARCODE] (filed with real barcode or empty string for items without barcode), [NAME], etc

Table INVENT_LOG with columns [ID], [BARCODE], [ITEM](as reference to ITEMS[ID] and โ€œValid Ifโ€ property like
select(ITEMS[ID],[BARCODE]=[_THISROW].[BARCODE])

In that case if barcode scaned then dropdown list filtered with items with same barcode, if not - items withoะณt barcode

Read โ€œUsing Lists to Validate Column Valuesโ€ section here

Top Labels in this Space