Order Capture: Move kiwis and bananas to main form, but write result in Order Details

Iโ€™m building an app similar to Order Capture. However, there are several items that are very common, so Iโ€™d like to feature them on the main form, but write the answers into the Order Details as rows, just as though they were chosen from there.
Imagine youโ€™re building the Order Capture app, but 95% of your customers buy kiwis and bananas, so you want them on the main page. How would you that?
I think I need to use actions, but Iโ€™m not sure if I need to create one action for each item in the main form (I want 10 items total in the main form) or if I can write an action that covers all of them.

Solved Solved
0 4 557
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ryan_Rands Have a look at this thread and the sample App that Praveen shows. Would this do what you require?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Follow-on question: should I use a real column in the Orders table, or a virtual column?

Hi @Ryan_Rands Have a look at this thread and the sample App that Praveen shows. Would this do what you require?

Yes, this helps. I needed a Group action and 1 action per item in the main form. However, sometimes when adding the actions they donโ€™t fire. Turning on Needs Confirmation, saving and turning it off again fixes this. Iโ€™ve seen this 3 times now as I was working on my app. Thanks for the help!

@Ryan_Rands Maybe you could put up a new post about this problem/bug?

Top Labels in this Space