Order Capture "ADD" from second table in order details

Hi Iโ€™m fairly new to Appsheet and having messed about with the Order Capture sample app, Iโ€™m trying to set up a way to ask a question in the โ€œorder detailsโ€ form, where it allows me to add in a secondary form to choose from a list of accessories, then give me a subtotal based on the total of accessories added.

I canโ€™t figure out a way to replicate the โ€œADDโ€ โ€œorder detailsโ€ to the โ€œorderโ€ table. This would be really handy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 6 804
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @HutchisonsCarpets You need to check if your Order details โ€œIs Part Ofโ€ the Order.

To recreate the functionality of the order details to the order table - but for something new you want to add - create a new table to hold the data for this new form.

In it youโ€™ll need to create a column thatโ€™s a reference to the order (like they have it in the sample app); when you set this as a ref in appsheet, it will create the same interface type you get from the order details.

More info on table references:

Hi, Iโ€™ve tried doing that and and all I get is a drop down of the reference that iโ€™m linking it to. What I would like to do is to open up a new view to allow me to add the accessory, colour and size of it.

If it was like the add order_detail reference from the orders page, then I could add several accessories to the list.

I also clicked the โ€œispartofโ€ and that hasnโ€™t made a difference.

Iโ€™ve also added an โ€œorderdetail IDโ€ Column to the accessory table to see if that would link over. But it hasnโ€™t helped.

Please email support@appsheet.com.

Hmmmmโ€ฆ Perhaps at this point itโ€™s best for someone on the app sheet team to take a look at your app.

hello!!!! is it solved??? i want to know the answer as well!!!

Top Labels in this Space