Order Management Enhancement: Preventing Duplicate Product Entries

Hi

I have an application that I use at the wholesale dealership where I work. With this application, I select a customer's name and scan the barcodes of the products available at the dealership to create an order. When I scan a barcode, the application automatically detects the product and prompts me to select the quantity. Then, after saving, it adds this product as a new line to the order table for that customer. However, there's an issue: when I scan the same product multiple times, the application adds it as a new line each time. What I want to do is, if the product is already in the order table, instead of adding it as a new line, I want it to increase the quantity. Is it possible for me to do this without using a bot?

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this. Thank you.

0 1 89
1 REPLY 1

So you'd have to create an action that runs on saving a product records. Sequence to consider

1. Added 2 of product [Name]="ABC", action runs and does nothing
  2. Added 2 of product [Name]="ABC", action runs and does the following
  3. Set a column that flags the above item as being a duplicate product type, such as writing "duplicate" in a column
  4. Run another action that looks for the first product where [Name]="ABC" it then adds the second item to the first item
  5. Deletes the second item

Top Labels in this Space