Order of groups in deck view

In View Option, Group by, "Group by Group rows by the values in one or more of their columns."

The order of groups can only be selected either ascending or descending, which means alphabetical sequence of the selected data column. Furthermore, the group title can only be exactly the data column content.

This prevents me from defining the order of the groups as I want, or customize the display as I want.

Is there a way to change this?

app_que_1.pngapp_que_2.png

0 5 133
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

If it's an Enum and the possible values are inside the column config, then AppSheet doesn't order it alphabetically, instead it respects the order in which the values where added in the column definition

Thanks for the reply, SkrOYC. But the column is already Enum, and I've tried reorder the values in column config, it doesn't follow that order. 

I am pretty sure what I see is alphabetical. Also I've tried number and symbols, it turns out that the first pop-up is numbers, than alphabets, and symbols come last. This is different from MS Windows, where symbol comes first.

Are you using the manual way to provide values in Enum or via Valid_If/Suggested_Values?

It's shown below

LIUZheng_0-1696898282813.png

LIUZheng_1-1696898319077.png

I think this should be reported as a bug to the support team.
They most probably changed something in the backend thinking it was the right thing to do and messed with the feature. At least that's what I think happened.

Please refer them to this post in order to add context, most people taking the first contact in the support team doesn't have so much experience

Top Labels in this Space