Other Attachments

Hi,

In the previous versions of Appsheet it was easy to include other attachments. I read the help and other threads in this forum, but not able to figure out how I can attach a pdf file available on my google drive. It throws up an error everytime. Is there an example, which I can follow. ?

It is just a pdf like MyFile.pdf available on my google drive. Everything else works but when I type the name of the file,.it.does not work. Is there a way I can give the path of the file available on root drive of the Google drive.

0 5 237
5 REPLIES 5

jyothis_m_0-1695443830811.png

I am able to attach the file by giving the path from Root Drive e.g. "Maintenance/Toolbox Talk/Test.pdf"

I tried many things but could not resolve this. The following is the error. 

• Error 1 : Task attachment file 'data/MULTICRETE.PDF' not found in Table Folder for Table: 'Quote' [Shared], Provider: 'google', DataSource: 'google', Path: 'DocId=1IAiIyt3VUXXxCVBPOCi_TRlhOJ5eWAWNluZN9Hlvto8', UserId: 5821553, UserEmail: '*****@gmail.com', ProbableCause: 'N/A', outputFileURL: ''
  • Error 2 : Task attachment file 'data/MULTICRETE.PDF' not found in Application Definition Folder '/appsheet/data/Crete_Quote-5821553-23-09-22', Provider: 'google', DataSource: 'google', Path: 'data/MULTICRETE.PDF', UserId: 5821553, UserEmail: '*****@gmail.com', ProbableCause: 'N/A', FileUrl: ''

I tried keeping the file in the root drive, data folder, the folder in which the app is present etc. Nothing is working. I have done some of the complex things - but could not figure out what's wrong here. In the previous versions it worked - but somehow it's not working now. 

There must be a silly thing which I am missing??

• Error 1 : Task attachment file 'appsheet/data/Crete_Quote-5821553-23-09-22/MULTICRETE.PDF' not found in Table Folder for Table: 'Quote' [Shared], Provider: 'google', DataSource: 'google', Path: 'DocId=1IAiIyt3VUXXxCVBPOCi_TRlhOJ5eWAWNluZN9Hlvto8', UserId: 5821553, UserEmail: '<PII removed by staff>', ProbableCause: 'N/A', outputFileURL: ''
  • Error 2 : Task attachment file 'appsheet/data/Crete_Quote-5821553-23-09-22/MULTICRETE.PDF' not found in Application Definition Folder '/appsheet/data/Crete_Quote-5821553-23-09-22', Provider: 'google', DataSource: 'google', Path: 'appsheet/data/Crete_Quote-5821553-23-09-22/MULTICRETE.PDF', UserId: 5821553, UserEmail: '<PII removed by staff>', ProbableCause: 'N/A, Searching for 'appsheet', File entry found', FileUrl: '' 

This is the error - once again.

The file is available in root drive, the appsheet folder and also the folder in which the app is created.

Shall suggest a method when i faced a similar situation. Added a column of type FILE to the table. Uploaded a file using the app and see what path is showing in the Google Sheet under this FILE column. Similar path can be used inside automation for attachments and keep the files in the same path. 

Please try and tell if it works

Top Labels in this Space