Out of Office App - Adding Correct Info to Google Calendar Event

I started an app with the help of a company that specializes in training in Appsheet, but I'm out of hours I purchased with them and I am trying to finish this app myself without paying more as I have ONE thing now that is not working.

I have an Out of Office App created that allows our employees to request time out of the office. The request is emailed to their manager. The manager approves it with an embedded email. If the manager approves it, I want it to create a Google calendar event with the title being "[Employee First Name] - Out"

The main data source is a google sheets spreadsheet that has three tables:

• OOO: This contains the requests submitted in the app
  • Employees: This contains employee information such as email, first name, last name, total time off available for the year
  • Managers: A list of teams and their manager's name and managers email address

The Google Calendar is also a data source, called Out of Office. 

The problem is when the manager approves the request, the google calendar event shows "[Managers First Name] - Out"

After the manager approves the request, I have a bot created to add the event to the calendar: Run a data action, add new rows to the calendar data source, the title has the expression: 

Text(Any(SELECT(Employees[Name],[Email]=USEREMAIL()))& " - Out")

I'm pretty sure this expression is incorrect, but I'm stuck on what to try now. I think it is putting whatever user is logged in as the name in the title of the calendar event. How do I get it to see what employee requested the time off and add it to the calendar title on the Google calendar after the manager approves it? 

0 2 199
2 REPLIES 2

If the OOO contains the employee's info for example in the Ref or Enum/Ref column, you should be able to write the formula like [Employee].[Name]&" - Out"

@nbouwman i am also trying to create some Apps that need to add OOO to users' calendars, how did you achieve this? I have the startDate and endDate from user input and a bot that is sending email to their supervisors, if the supervisor approves the request then the OOO need's to be added in users calendar. 

Top Labels in this Space