Overwrite bot-generated PDF in Drive

Hello Appsheetland,

I have created an automation bot to generate PDFs and save them in googledrive. I have created a formula for the file's names which is 

CONCATENATE ([Stage #], "-" , [Start], " to " ,[Finish])

I have left the timestamp off because the literature said that by doing that google drive would overwrite the files everytime that same file was recreated. Having said that, google drive (or appsheet) seems to be adding a unique ID number to the end of my file name, to prevent it from being overwritten. 

Is there a way to solve that? It will be a total mess if it keeps creating new files, there will be too many files to deal with in no time.

Thank you very much! 

Solved Solved
0 5 324
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's a timestamp. You know, the thing that you said you turned off, you didn't turn it off...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Kabelo wrote:

google drive (or appsheet) seems to be adding a unique ID number to the end of my file name

I have not observed that. What's an example?

FWIW, I have an app that reliably functions just as you intend--i.e., it generates a file that overwrites any existing file with the same name.

Thank you so much @dbaum 

I am so happy to know it is possible to achieve what we need. I now just need to make it work but that is a small detail, it would be way harder if appsheet didn't support that. Attached a screen print that shows the file names with a long number at the end which was not generated by my formula as far as I know.

Thank you so much!

Screenshot 2023-05-05 20.50.00.png

That's a timestamp. You know, the thing that you said you turned off, you didn't turn it off...

@Marc_Dillon 

That is embarrassing! I had checked it twice but switching it on actually turns the time stamp off and vice versa. I had the switch off and so my brain thought Timestamp was off.

I almost guessed that ๐Ÿ˜€

Top Labels in this Space