PDF Generated In Appsheet not found

I am trying to create a feature in my  app where after a form is filled out, it can be exported as a PDF stored in my Google Drive, and then open again in the app. I am able to generate the pdf successfully and find it in the folder I chose for it, but when I try to open a file using the file path, it will have the exact same name as the pdf I'm looking for but it is showing this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.42.15 AM.png

My default app folder is: /appsheet/data

When creating the PDF, it is stored in: "/Files/"

The file name prefix is: [Key ID] (timestamps are disabled)

The file path is being changed to: CONCATENATE("/appsheet/data/Files/",[Key ID],".pdf") and then that is the file that is opened when my second button is clicked.

I am also waiting each time or re-syncing the app until the PDF shows up in my Google Drive before opening the pdf. I have two buttons: One called "generate PDF" that creates the PDF and adds it to my Google Drive, and Open PDF, which opens the file that was created.

0 4 373
4 REPLIES 4

@appsheetmaria wrote:

CONCATENATE("/appsheet/data/Files/",[Key ID],".pdf")

You don't need an absolute path like this one ^

You need a relative path from your spreadsheet POV. This have been explained a lot of times

What is a relative path? Only the key ID and the pdf then?

Do you know what a path is? Basically all of the stuff before a filename and extension.
Relative path means that it's a path that describes how to go to the file from the spreadsheet location

Top Labels in this Space