PDF Generates Images as Links

This has been a long-term problem we've not been able to resolve.  When our system generates pdfs with links some images are displayed as links.  I've poured over the posts here and see there are quite a few of the same inquiries but I'm not finding a solution. I referenced this doc (Images or files that do not load - AppSheet Help (google.com))and when I click on the link in the pdf, the image is displayed but it doesn't provide the reason why the image isn't displayed on the pdf when it can be accessed via browser.

I've looked to contact Support but have been receiving this message on the chat.  Does anyone have any experience with this issue that can direct me to a checklist of potential causes I can troubleshoot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1685544954248.png

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1685545107895.png

Daisy_Ramirez_2-1685545180601.png

0 1 53
1 REPLY 1

Two things.

First, all images are generated as links, this is the default way AppSheet uses to add images inside our templates, if we use GDocs or MSWord.
HTML, as may have heard from me, is different and you could remove that link.

Now, the problem related to the undisplayed image. This seems to be a problem in the server and should be fixed by someone on the backend. If an image cannot be loaded, the report should be generated again or something similar. I remember this was something that they were aware of but I cannot tell if it's now something they care about.

I suggest you to add a link to this post to the support team so that they now that you actually have a bug and it's not that you are just a new user that doesn't know how the platform works, something that's clearly not the case

Top Labels in this Space