PDF files in google drive

Please can anyone help with this problem, I have exhausted all the community comments, read and reread app 101, tried dozens of different video tutorials,to no avail. The thing is the app had been working perfectly until about 3 weeks ago, when something seemed to happen with google drive, nothing has been the same since. I just can't seem to be able to get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ERROR GENERATED WHEN TRYING TO VIEW FILE IN APP

https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?

Error retrieving file '1352.pdf': URL has an invalid signature.

Drive path

Appsheet/data/appname/files

Spreadhsheet here

Pdf auto generated files are stored here via bot

Appdefault folder path from info

/appsheet/data/TaxInvoicingAppcopy-123292425-23-08-29

Table Invoice_Log appformula for column=Pdf Link (Url)

CONCATENATE(

"https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl",

"?appName=",ENCODEURL("TaxInvoicingAppcopy-123292425-23-08-29"),

"&tableName=",ENCODEURL("Invoice_Log"),

"&fileName=",ENCODEURL(Concatenate([Invoice Number],".pdf")))

Behaviour

Open Url (Pdf Link)

External: go to a website

Target=[Pdf Link]

Attach to column = Pdf link

Launch External

Bot configurtion

All changes

File prefix

Concatenate([Invoice Number],"-",[Version])

No folder path set (using default Files)

Bot works fine

Security Settings

Encrypt device data  (blue)

Require image and  file url signing (blue)

Everything else blank

Data in this app is public, app does not require signin

Form SAVE event action Open Url (Pdf Link) DOES NOT WORK should open detail view

Spreadsheet updates OK  slow to sync to drive

I check before trying to retrieve the file

And still get the error

Solved Solved
0 5 2,125
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your suggestions. Managed to do your suggestions. Did not want to work last night, but this morning I actually managed to open a file.  Have been reading up on the sync issue and trimmed down the tables where possible. All seems to be better at the moment.  Hope it continues. Once again thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Bluey,

First thing I would like you to notice is that you are trying to construct an URL to your drive File while having the URL sign-in  option enabled. This option is creating a temporary signature in the URL of each of your files, and changes it every 5 minutes, as a security mean. This is why you can't construct your URL with this enabled. 

baba_sawane_0-1700726785543.png

Show More
Example : https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=appname&fileName=nameoffile.pdf&appVersion...55e68fc0f87145df97c2cdedd16ec03f07c8a8e076a67941e7579d6283fd4629c823da275005986c92d8eaad2518559a

If not already tried, generate the file while disabling url-signin to see if it works. But before you do that, I suggest you to try this : 

Replace your Invoice_Log URL to type File, and replace formula into : 

CONCATENATE("AppSheet/data/TaxInvoicingAppcopy-123292425-23-08-29/Files/",[Invoice Number],".pdf")

Also, you can remove your Open a web site action (if you created it). If the column type is URL the system automatically create one. 

Tell me if it works.

___

A few weeks ago there was a bug concerning the URL Signature and a fix was deployed. Maybe it's related in any way.

Thanks for your response, regarding the Require image and file URL signing - the app will not accept the change it keeps coming back as blue. I have tried several times.

the open url action is  system generated 

unable to test any further as the whole app has decided not to work refusing to sync to google drive. Will test again later. Thank you.

No problem Bluey ! Please use the blue Reply button to make the thread easy to follow.

For my suggestion, you do not need to disable this option if you just change the type of Invoice_Log from URL type to File type and use the provided formula. 

Show More

This option need to be disabled only if you are sharing your URL links outside of the app.

If so, you should contact support to report this bug.

About the sync to drive issue, don't hesitate to provide details if you need help. Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your suggestions. Managed to do your suggestions. Did not want to work last night, but this morning I actually managed to open a file.  Have been reading up on the sync issue and trimmed down the tables where possible. All seems to be better at the moment.  Hope it continues. Once again thank you for your response.

Hi Bluey, nice news, your welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't know if you used that suggestion to make it work, if it is you can mark the relevant answer as solution for future users.

Indeed yesterday there was a short issue with file generation for several appsheet devs. Have a nice day.

Top Labels in this Space