PDF from bot not displaying all table rows

Hi i have tried for hours to show the rows from one table on update using the bot.

I have tried all expressions it is still only returning one row

please help this is the base template 

Character

Item Type

Style 1

Style 2

Date Time

<<[character]>>

<<[type]>>

<<[style 1]>>

<<[concept image 1]>>

<<[style 2]>>

<<[concept image 2]>>

<<[Date Time]>>

Solved Solved
0 14 528
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi thank you for your advice, I worked out the solution to my problem. To return the list or rows I needed to create a virtual column. In the table I wanted to use. I discovered it requires a reference to return the rows. Example in the table add a virtual column name it what ever you like example "ref" set type as ref, add the column formula to reference in this case column formula  is [id_prop] this points at the column to call. In the template add <<Start:props[ref]>><<[id_prop]>> + <<[any additional required columns]>> +<<End>> in the template.  Finally Solved - Thank you  

View solution in original post

My solution to generate a pdf with all the table records was to add a virtual column in the data table type is Ref and use a formula to call the tables [id] column this will return all records to the report. Example solution create a  Virtual Column, Type is Ref, Formula [id_name].

(use your own [id_ column] name) You will also need your document template setup to show your column data.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I have exhausted trying this method still only returns one record row

Character

Item Type

Style 1

Style 2

Date Time

<<Start:[character]>><<[character]>>

<<[type]>>

<<[style 1]>>

<<[concept image 1]>>

<<[style 2]>>

<<[concept image 2]>>

<<[Date Time]>>

<<End>>

@lanolot Hi, you need a start expression to tell your template which records you wish to display. @dbaum gave a good link to useful information. Maybe check that out again.

is my example incorrectly configured? If I modify a row if will show in the report, it will currently only return one row no matter what I have tries following expressions. I have tried for hours with no result

@lanolot wrote:

<<Start:[character]>>

A Start expression must return a list of row keys.

Yes you would think so, unfortunately for some reason it does not work for me at this stage. I still only get one record row either the first row or the one I edit. I will try to make a new template today and start testing again. I can not explain why it wont work for me yet.

Again, ensure your Start expression returns a list. Potentially, your issue is  Referencing a Column value in a Table, versus refe... - Google Cloud Community

Hi thank you for your advice, I worked out the solution to my problem. To return the list or rows I needed to create a virtual column. In the table I wanted to use. I discovered it requires a reference to return the rows. Example in the table add a virtual column name it what ever you like example "ref" set type as ref, add the column formula to reference in this case column formula  is [id_prop] this points at the column to call. In the template add <<Start:props[ref]>><<[id_prop]>> + <<[any additional required columns]>> +<<End>> in the template.  Finally Solved - Thank you  

Brilliant! Sometimes it is hard to be specific with help when not knowing much about your app.

I am troubled by the following matter.

I want to create a CSV file of arbitrarily selected records using the xlsx template in bot. 

Am I correct in saying that I should create a virtual column and specify the original data table as the reference table?
Also, I do not know how to write to Formula.

I believe this topic is the way to solve this problem. Could you please help me to understand it a little more clearly?

My solution to generate a pdf with all the table records was to add a virtual column in the data table type is Ref and use a formula to call the tables [id] column this will return all records to the report. Example solution create a  Virtual Column, Type is Ref, Formula [id_name].

(use your own [id_ column] name) You will also need your document template setup to show your column data.

Thank you very much.
I was able to achieve this for a table with a simple structure.
However, I have a problem with what I want to achieve.
In the case of a table with a parent-child relationship, I would like to output both the parent and the child in one file, but it does not work.
Is this impossible?

QA.png

I was able to implement it in VC by simply setting the fields of the parent table to the child table.
Sorry for the trouble.

Are you referencing to the same table you are trying to get data from. Wouldn't that result in a loop?

Top Labels in this Space