PDF line breaks

Hi Everyone, I have a list of item from a select statement in which I wanted to show as separated by new lines instead of commas. I tried the substitute method (it works so well in emails bodies) but this time I need it on the PDF generated document bot I am creating. Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 3 200
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The easiest way is to use <<Start:>> & <<End>> expression on your template. It sounds like you are using an Enumlist column where you have SELECT() with the Valid_If. If that's the case, use something like..
<<Start:SELECT(SourceTable[SourceColumn],IN([SourceColumn],[_THISROW].[EnumListColumn]))>>
<<[SourceColumn]>>
<<End>>

View solution in original post

That works as well. I try to avoid using virtual columns when there is no need. Now your app needs to recalculate it every time you sync.. and only for the PDF that you generate just now and then.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The easiest way is to use <<Start:>> & <<End>> expression on your template. It sounds like you are using an Enumlist column where you have SELECT() with the Valid_If. If that's the case, use something like..
<<Start:SELECT(SourceTable[SourceColumn],IN([SourceColumn],[_THISROW].[EnumListColumn]))>>
<<[SourceColumn]>>
<<End>>

Hi @AleksiAlkio, Thanks for this one. 

I was able to do it but using a different method. I first created Slices with filters, then on the parent table I added virtual columns that uses ref_rows of the foreign key id. after wards I used the <Start:>> and <<End>> on the templates calling the ref_row virtual columns I created. Thank you so much.

That works as well. I try to avoid using virtual columns when there is no need. Now your app needs to recalculate it every time you sync.. and only for the PDF that you generate just now and then.

Top Labels in this Space