PDF won't generate when I make changes to generated google doc

So I created a bot that creates a PDF from a data table. The data table has ref connections to other tables. The template for Google docs is generated through the "Create" tab on task. It works fine. My issue is, when I make changes to the template. it no longer generates a PDF.

So bellow is a screenshot of the google doc ref table portion. If I try and move the location or order of any of these. It longer works. I wanted to get rid of the NOTESID column and put the "Description" on a different table but it won't work. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

johndoe101_0-1665625082884.png

Solved Solved
0 2 106
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you are templating and want all your row data in a single table row, you need to place the Start in the first cell and the End in the last cell of that table row.

But you can break up the row data across multiple rows or even part in the table and part out of the table.  In this case, you place the Start above and the End below.  But don't include information you want printed only once such as column headers

For example:

NameSourceTimestamp

<<START: [Related Notes]>>

<<{Name]>><<[Source]>><<[Timestamp]>>

Description:  <<[Description]>>

<<END>>

In this example, the Name, Source, Timestamp and Description are all repeated for each row giving a document table row with the description below.   but you can modify the format however works best for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When you are templating and want all your row data in a single table row, you need to place the Start in the first cell and the End in the last cell of that table row.

But you can break up the row data across multiple rows or even part in the table and part out of the table.  In this case, you place the Start above and the End below.  But don't include information you want printed only once such as column headers

For example:

NameSourceTimestamp

<<START: [Related Notes]>>

<<{Name]>><<[Source]>><<[Timestamp]>>

Description:  <<[Description]>>

<<END>>

In this example, the Name, Source, Timestamp and Description are all repeated for each row giving a document table row with the description below.   but you can modify the format however works best for you.

This worked perfectly! THANK YOU SO MUCH! AWESOME!

Top Labels in this Space