PII

Can I change data already in App Sheet to PII?  In other words, I have data in the system that I would like to retroactively be identified as PII.  Can I do that? Will it remove the PII from the servers?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 6 524
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I haven't received an answer, unfortunately. I have no way of confirming, but I would ASSUME that any log files that contain the data prior to being marked PII will NOT be redacted retroactively. I encourage you to engage your Google account rep if you need a better answer.

Also, note that marking a column as PII doesn't remove its data from the servers--all data for AppSheet apps MUST pass through and be processed by the servers. When marked as PII, AppSheet takes extra steps to reduce the time the data remains on the servers, and obscures the data when presented in administrative tools, all to reduce the availability of the data to Google staff. To the best of my understanding.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Good question to confirm! It's important to understand explicitly whether newly marking a column or an entire app's data as PII somehow masks it in already existing server logs. My guess is not.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Good question! I'll ask internally.

Thanks Steve!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I haven't received an answer, unfortunately. I have no way of confirming, but I would ASSUME that any log files that contain the data prior to being marked PII will NOT be redacted retroactively. I encourage you to engage your Google account rep if you need a better answer.

Also, note that marking a column as PII doesn't remove its data from the servers--all data for AppSheet apps MUST pass through and be processed by the servers. When marked as PII, AppSheet takes extra steps to reduce the time the data remains on the servers, and obscures the data when presented in administrative tools, all to reduce the availability of the data to Google staff. To the best of my understanding.

Hi, Steve, thanks for your assistance.  I do not have a Google account rep.  How do I contact one.  This looks to be an important issue that I think many will be interested in.

Thanks so much,

Hank

Hank

I honestly have no idea--I'm in no way involved in sales.

Top Labels in this Space