POS and Inventory System

Maybe you can helpโ€ฆ

I have a Menu with a POS. The Basics are this..

Receiving โ€œTableโ€

Receive a product (Randbetween) Item number, Category (enum), Description (text), Pack Size, Cost Per Pack, Total Packs, Total Price, Date and Time.

I want it to auto create the received item for the Menu โ€œTableโ€ like a โ€œto-doโ€. Then I will insert sale price. 

Then from the Menu, Iโ€™d like select the product to purchase (Item,Qty) to be added to a cart for โ€œcheckoutโ€.  From there, I will complete the sale with any discounts and Total Price. I will have a Show_if to say that if โ€œCreditโ€ is selected, show the Account Name list. After the account has been selected, the sale details save too that account name and number.

In the Accounts โ€œTableโ€. 

When the account is selected, I want all related orders listed. With a Total Due and Paid row. I need to be able to insert payment on said account.

Orders โ€œTableโ€

Just a list of all sales orders done. Essentially a transaction list.

And lastly, Inventory โ€œTableโ€

Receiving Cost and quantities and Sales qty and price. For all items with current on hands. (Iโ€™d like the O/H to be visible in the menu item detail.

That all being said, I am new to all of this and some of it is probably simple stuff I have yet to master. I have watched different videos and read different community pages. I have created a few different apps. One I am currently using, but itโ€™s bare bones right now. Iโ€™m having to do everything on the spreadsheet. I didnโ€™t want to lay out what I have already because I could be irrelevant LOL!

Thank you for your Time and help. 

B.D.O.T

0 9 354
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the community!

So what is your question? ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Always, asking specific questions will help you get better relevant answers. 

I guess I donโ€™t know the specific questions to ask thenโ€ฆ thanks anyway.

Don't be discouraged, just again please!

Ok, sorry I was in no way trying to be rude, I am really discouraged.

So I want to receive an item.

470CAE4F-EB5E-4AEC-A266-C5375AA4FC2A.jpeg
After the Item is received, I need it to autofill these (I will fill in the price)โ€ฆ 

6356F4CA-D9ED-415E-A161-9E0C50D54D6E.jpeg

I have used ref to link the item number.

I try Any(Select(Receiving[Category],[_Thisrow].[Item Number]=[Item Number]))

I use that in my deployed app to get pack size and price on the sales order. 

I need the items to be a enum list, so I can select multiple items to add to my โ€œsales cartโ€.

20C843D5-C49E-43A3-B808-BA975009D7EC.jpeg
When an account is selected, it will attach the sale to the account selected.

8A1FC35C-DC8F-4A77-88E4-87EFFE2560BF.jpeg
The account details will have all of the purchases. But I canโ€™t figure out how to get a total balance. I want to add a payment option to the balance.

Then I want it all summed up in Inventory.

73478F2E-61D7-496C-839A-7A6899D27716.jpeg

Hello,

Thanks for this detailed explanation. All what you've described can be easily built with AppSheet. I see that you are still building your app from scratch and you need to understand a few concepts.

• Adding rows to another table can be done with Behavior Actions. 
  • You should not have items in an EnumList, instead you should create a Sale Details table, listing items, along with their respective quantities. This table will have a Ref to Sales table.
  • The Sales table should have a Ref column to Accounts table. 
  • App formulas in the relevant columns should update the quantities in the Inventory table, with Form Saved actions in Sales and Receiving tables triggering calculations in the Inventory table. 

As I said, all of this is easily doable with AppSheet. My advice is to pause app making and make some time for reading. I suggest to start by reading these articles and the community is here to help you with any difficulty you might encounter. Cheer up!

App design 101 - AppSheet Help 
Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help 
The "item-detail" data pattern - AppSheet Help 
References between tables - AppSheet Help 
Expressions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help
Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

I appreciate you trying to help. But I am now more confused than ever. I am on the verge of getting it and just canโ€™t figure it out. Iโ€™m going to just have to filter out my information through the spreadsheet. I am passed frustrated with this. Thanks!

people can help you , don't wait them to creat the app for you from scratch. Start learn , it don't take more time than waiting someone to build it for you. Best

Top Labels in this Space