POS and Inventory System

Maybe you can help…

I have a Menu with a POS. The Basics are this..

Receiving “Table”

Receive a product (Randbetween) Item number, Category (enum), Description (text), Pack Size, Cost Per Pack, Total Packs, Total Price, Date and Time.

I want it to auto create the received item for the Menu “Table” like a “to-do”. Then I will insert sale price. 

Then from the Menu, I’d like select the product to purchase (Item,Qty) to be added to a cart for “checkout”.  From there, I will complete the sale with any discounts and Total Price. I will have a Show_if to say that if “Credit” is selected, show the Account Name list. After the account has been selected, the sale details save too that account name and number.

In the Accounts “Table”. 

When the account is selected, I want all related orders listed. With a Total Due and Paid row. I need to be able to insert payment on said account.

Orders “Table”

Just a list of all sales orders done. Essentially a transaction list.

And lastly, Inventory “Table”

Receiving Cost and quantities and Sales qty and price. For all items with current on hands. (I’d like the O/H to be visible in the menu item detail.

That all being said, I am new to all of this and some of it is probably simple stuff I have yet to master. I have watched different videos and read different community pages. I have created a few different apps. One I am currently using, but it’s bare bones right now. I’m having to do everything on the spreadsheet. I didn’t want to lay out what I have already because I could be irrelevant LOL!

Thank you for your Time and help. 

B.D.O.T

0 9 353
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the community!

So what is your question? 🙂 

Always, asking specific questions will help you get better relevant answers. 

I guess I don’t know the specific questions to ask then… thanks anyway.

Don't be discouraged, just again please!

Ok, sorry I was in no way trying to be rude, I am really discouraged.

So I want to receive an item.

470CAE4F-EB5E-4AEC-A266-C5375AA4FC2A.jpeg
After the Item is received, I need it to autofill these (I will fill in the price)… 

6356F4CA-D9ED-415E-A161-9E0C50D54D6E.jpeg

I have used ref to link the item number.

I try Any(Select(Receiving[Category],[_Thisrow].[Item Number]=[Item Number]))

I use that in my deployed app to get pack size and price on the sales order. 

I need the items to be a enum list, so I can select multiple items to add to my “sales cart”.

20C843D5-C49E-43A3-B808-BA975009D7EC.jpeg
When an account is selected, it will attach the sale to the account selected.

8A1FC35C-DC8F-4A77-88E4-87EFFE2560BF.jpeg
The account details will have all of the purchases. But I can’t figure out how to get a total balance. I want to add a payment option to the balance.

Then I want it all summed up in Inventory.

73478F2E-61D7-496C-839A-7A6899D27716.jpeg

Hello,

Thanks for this detailed explanation. All what you've described can be easily built with AppSheet. I see that you are still building your app from scratch and you need to understand a few concepts.

• Adding rows to another table can be done with Behavior Actions. 
  • You should not have items in an EnumList, instead you should create a Sale Details table, listing items, along with their respective quantities. This table will have a Ref to Sales table.
  • The Sales table should have a Ref column to Accounts table. 
  • App formulas in the relevant columns should update the quantities in the Inventory table, with Form Saved actions in Sales and Receiving tables triggering calculations in the Inventory table. 

As I said, all of this is easily doable with AppSheet. My advice is to pause app making and make some time for reading. I suggest to start by reading these articles and the community is here to help you with any difficulty you might encounter. Cheer up!

App design 101 - AppSheet Help 
Data: The Essentials - AppSheet Help 
The "item-detail" data pattern - AppSheet Help 
References between tables - AppSheet Help 
Expressions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help
Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

I appreciate you trying to help. But I am now more confused than ever. I am on the verge of getting it and just can’t figure it out. I’m going to just have to filter out my information through the spreadsheet. I am passed frustrated with this. Thanks!

people can help you , don't wait them to creat the app for you from scratch. Start learn , it don't take more time than waiting someone to build it for you. Best

Top Labels in this Space