PREVENT SAME MONTH DATE

PLEASE HOW DO I PREVENT SAME MONTH DATE IN DATA FILEDI WANT PREVENT  DATE FROM THE SAME MONTHI WANT PREVENT DATE FROM THE SAME MONTH

Solved Solved
0 10 98
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Markus_Malessa ,

@Markus_Malessa wrote:

Valid if formula for date field:

NOT(IN([_THISROW].[Date], ThisTableName[Date]))

I believe this expression will not allow the user to edit the same row again , should the user wish to edit the saved row for some other column. This is so because for a saved record,  the valid_if will always fail by detecting the date as already present the in the table.

I think one needs to use an approach mentioned in the article below at the end on avoiding duplicates. Again even this approach will at times fail in a multi user environment.

List expressions - AppSheet Help

So the expression in this case can be something like 

ISBLANK(
FILTER(
"Table NAme",
([_THIS] = [Date])
)
- LIST([_THISROW])
)

The expression basically ignores the current record's date in the valid_If expression by using [_THISROW] . This allows editing of a saved record also.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Markus_Malessa ,

@Markus_Malessa wrote:

I believe this expression will not allow the user to edit the same row again , should the user wish to edit the saved row for some other column. This is so because for a saved record,  the valid_if will always fail by detecting the date as already present the in the table.

I think one needs to use an approach mentioned in the article below at the end on avoiding duplicates. Again even this approach will at times fail in a multi user environment.

List expressions - AppSheet Help

So the expression in this case can be something like 

ISBLANK(
FILTER(
"Table NAme",
([_THIS] = [Date])
)
- LIST([_THISROW])
)

The expression basically ignores the current record's date in the valid_If expression by using [_THISROW] . This allows editing of a saved record also.

You are correct, this would prevent editing this particular row. You don't even know how often I forget that detail until I can't edit a row.

YOU ARE JUST BRILLIANT ...THANK SO MUCH

THX SO MUCH THAT IS BRILLIANT ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Sorry sir.. Please this formula is preventing other users to save their work kindly help 

THANK SO MUCH ๐Ÿ˜˜

Scratch my previous response and go with @Suvrutt_Gurjar suggestion. My suggested solution would prevent making further edits to the current row because the valid if would fail every time you tried making an edit to a row.

One solution is to use EOMONTH(TODAY()) with the key column.

THANK SO MUCH ALEKSI ....AM ALWALYS GREATFUL

Top Labels in this Space